The Understudies

the book club that wants to read books in order to sharpen the grey matter as we force it to grapple with issues of faith.

Rephrasing Psalm 8

(based on Psalm 8) Lord God of heaven and earth, it's easy for me to think only of: "what am I that you are mindful of me?" but as I listen to children's praise songs on iTunes and reflect on this Psalm, i pray you will SILENCE our "Foe and Avenger" who wants us to feel small, wasted, weak and washed up. Your word which is truth says "you have crowned me with glory and honor," that I am "just a little lower than the angels. I have dominion over the works of Gods hands and you have put all things under my feet." it doesn't feel that way based on my current circumstances... so I ask by the power of your Holy Spirit in me, be "the lifter of my head!" I pray this too for my brothers and sisters in you who are also feeling this way!

Amen. So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home